The focus of our research is to understand the distribution and risk of antimicrobial resistance in livestock agriculture and develop health management strategies that reduce antimicrobial resistance while maintaining the health and welfare of the herds and flocks. Specific areas of research include surveillance for antimicrobial resistance, use of alternatives to antibiotics, use of rapid diagnostics tests, and development of management tools for disease prevention.
Postdoctoral position in Veterinary Epidemiology at UC Davis
A Postdoctoral Scholar position is available at the UC Davis Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center (VMTRC) in Tulare, CA https://www.vmtrc.ucdavis.edu. The Postdoctoral Scholar will work with a multidisciplinary research team, focusing on implementing selective dry cow therapy programs on dairies with automatic milking systems. The position responsibilities will include the design and implementation of mastitis research projects on dairies, data analysis, communication of research outcomes with the scientific community and stakeholders, and development of research proposals. The qualified candidate should have a strong background in epidemiology, statistics, dairy cattle production or a related field, and proven record in scientific publication. Knowledge of database management and ability to work with a statistics software such as Stata, R or SAS is required. The candidate is expected to be proficient in written and oral English and possess excellent communication skills as the candidate will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of veterinarians, milk quality specialists, epidemiologists, extension specialists, producers, and graduate and undergraduate students. The initial appointment will be for 12 months with a possible extension, depending on funding availability and performance. The salary and benefits will be provided based on UC Davis policy for the Postdoctoral Scholars.
Education: The candidate must have a Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Animal Science, Statistics, or a related field.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start):
- Strong publication records, or the potential for developing one.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis software (Stata, R or SAS).
- Experience in designing and performing field and lab-based experiments.
- Experience in leading research projects and research teams.
- Potential to write grants and high-quality scientific papers.
- Excellence in writing and oral communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team and diligently to meet deadlines.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Outreach/Extension (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants.
- Graduate school transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
To Apply click here:
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com