DESCRIPTION OF SOFTWARE
The Adipose model is a computational model of ruminant adipose metabolism. Nutrient flows are based on substrate availability and enzyme pathway kinetics. Differential equations represent metabolic processes. The model has been used to help interpret data from radiolabel experiments, to predict tissue function and to illustrate metabolic interactions. The model is from P.S. Miller, Dynamic models of ruminant adipose tissue metabolism, chapter 12 in Modeling Ruminant Digestion and Metabolism by R.L.Baldwin, 1995 and is for a lactatin dairy cow.
Figure 1. Results of a 1 day minute simulation based on default initial concentrations.
This is a beta version of the interface that runs the model and so may be subject to bugs or instability. Directions for running simulations are included in teh HELP menu. Solutions can also be plotted vs. time. Sample study questions (in MS Word format) are also included in teh dowload section as SQA.doc. Please allow the software to install to its default directory in the setup program. You must download ll the following installation software files to the same directory in order to install the software.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE
You must be using Microsoft Windows '95 or later. This program requires approximately 5 MB of hard disk space. Please be sure to download all cab files and setup files to the same directory and let the installation program install the software to the default directory (C:\Program_Files\adipose).
- Right click on the highlighted link. A menu appears.
- Choose the "Save As..." option. A dialog box appears.
- Navigate through your C: drive and save it on your hard drive.
- Rename setup.lst.doc to setup.lst
- Run the Setup.exe file. After installation be sure to double clck ASERV.exe in C:\Program_Files\adipose to register the program before starting the program (1 time only)